Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update on better habits

Hello everyone! Well as you can probably see by my birthday wish list, I did not follow any rules the week of my birthday! It started with Grimaldi's and involved places like Chili's and Maggiano's. Mmmmmmm. It ended with a fun and food filled night at Prom. That's right, Blaine and I went to prom. Teachers are recruited to go and help do different things. Of course, most of them bring dates. It was fun. We went last year and I was very under-dressed. Unlike my high school, the chaperones that help at Mac's prom come dressed in their best. So this year I wore this beautiful chocolate brown gown. I loved it!

Now that the festivities are at bay, I'm back at it. This week I have done pretty good. I'm still eating mostly lean meats and veggies with fruit as sweets. If I work out that day then I get servings of complex carbs, which I need. Surprisingly, I have fallen in love with cycling classes up at my gym. I'm nuts, I know. It feels so good afterwards. I also learned at a seminar this last week that although moderate cardio can be good for your heart, that your brain doesn't get much out of a workout unless it's very intense. So maybe that's why the cycling class makes me happy afterward :)

I am feeling better and starting to tone up a little bit at a time. I have this one area on my body that is the most unattractive in my opinion. You might think it's my butt or maybe my stomach but the truth is I hate me knees. As I have shared this with a few friends and found that I'm not alone... I have what I can "fat knees". It doesn't matter how much a lose or work out, those keep their their cushy look. So I enlisted the help of my husband's best friend. He is a physical therapists and knows exactly which muscles need to be kicked into shape in order to fix this dilemma. So along with the intense cycling classes, I do one-legged squats every morning, evening, and even sometimes on my lunch break. I have also start consistently using the extension and curl machines at the gym more. I'm excited! Wahoo for working out!

No comments: