Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweet Relish

Okay, I am not a huge relish user. I don't put it on my hot dogs. For the longest time I thought that was the only thing relish was for. I don't like sweet pickles. That's not what a pickle is suppose to taste like. Zesty Dill Pickles are the only way to go. When you bite into them, they should bite your tongue back. Understand? Okay, so one day I realized they made DILL RELISH. The world has been changed ever since. I get dill relish to prevent having to cut up pickles for chicken salad or tuna salad. Genius! So I go to the store. It is so easy to get the wrong relish. I spend a good 60 seconds in the pickle aisle to make sure I get the correct relish. Sixty seconds may not sound like a long time, but time yourself next time you are shopping. See how much time you spend for each item, especially ones you know you are getting and you are looking for specifically. Sixty seconds. It's very important. So I am pumped, getting ready to make my tuna salad for lunch the next morning. I can taste it, so excited. SWEET RELISH!! As soon as I opened the jar I knew my lunch had died. I could smell it.... So, I spent the next few minutes chopping dill pickles once again. How did I get to this place? What was I doing during that 60 seconds in the pickle aisle. I don't know. It's a shame. Anyone like sweet relish? I am trying to give away a jar.

No comments: